Looking for the perfect coffee table for your living area can sometimes find its way to being a difficult task. You have to think through what it is you want for your living space. Do you want round or square, gold or silver, glass or mirrored??! These variations of coffee tables can be so mind-boggling.…
This is a custom field that allows you to add your affiliate disclaimer to posts that are being sponsored or contain affiliate links.
First World Problems….How Shall I Style My Pillows??
Whew Chile! Saying I am obsessed with decorative pillows is an UNDERSTATEMENT. I have them in my coat closet, in my actual closet…Just everywhere. I have come to the realization that choosing the right pillows and making space for the ones I purchase every time I go to the store (Smh), was hard. The real hard part is choosing how I would like to style my pillows. You want to be very intentional when choosing your pillows. I like to move my pillows around from my couch to my bed, from my bed to my couch to my bench. Lol I also love to switch colors so I always try to choose a color pillow that could complement any color I pair with them.
How should you do it, you ask? Just follow these easy steps!
Styling your throw pillows like an interior designer can be very easy! If you follow these steps you really can’t go wrong.
- Determine a color that can act as an accent to your furniture or even comforter.
- Find a size that works for the space you are trying to fill with the throw pillows. There are many different size pillows, so choose the one the works best for you.
- Feather Filled vs. Cotton Insert. Which one will you choose????? Feather filled pillows are becoming more popular, especially to get the “chopped” look like the interior designers.
- Mix it Up! Make sure to give the look of your pillow styles some dimension. Add a solid color pillow, a printed pillow and a textured pillow to diversify the look.
Sofa, Bed, Chair, Etc!
Different pieces of furniture calls for a different arrangement of pillows to give your living space that professional, interior designer look.
Sofas. A sofa gives you a chance to display your pillows in very unique ways! I, very often change the style of the pillows I have on my sofa. I think the most popular way to style pillows on a sofa is to span the pillows over the entire sofa. Another popular method is to utilize both ends of the sofa and place an equal amount of pillows on each end of the sofa.
Bed. I think styling throw pillows on a bed is a little less complicated than the sofa. Just throw them all on there lol. (that’s what I do) I love having a ton of pillows on the bed and the aesthetics of having a million pillows just gives me a home decor rush. If you are less of a pillow hoarder than me you may want to go for a more simple look. Sometimes more is less but I have yet to adopt that concept when it comes to throw pillows.
Throw Pillows are a MUST! You can literally build a space/design from the look of one throw pillow.
Chair. This is the most simple of them all! Just one will do! If you have an accent Chair that is neutral in color you can either add one neutral pillow OR one pillow that is a pop of color. If you have an accent Chair that already is a pop of color, I would suggest adding a printed pillow or a textured pillow to added some dimension.
Shopping for Throw Pillows…..
For me it’s really not about the store, it’s about the quality, the look and the price. It does not take a lot of money to get the professional interior designer look we are all going for. I have paid as low as $5 for a pillow up to $25! Below I have listed some of my favorite places to purchase inexpensive but quality throw pillows.
1. Burlington Coat Factory. Yes you read that right, BURLINGTON COAT FACTORY! They have some of the most amazing throw pillows for as low as $10.
2. Ross Dress for Less. Hands down some of the best and cheapest pillows you will find! I purchased so many pillows from Ross that I have lost count! My “go to” white faux fur pillows came from Ross and where only $9 each.
3. At Home. They have the most versatile selection of pillows. I mean literally any color you can think of and they are very inexpensive!
4. HomeGoods. You may pay a little bit more but I promise you IT IS WORTH IT! They are always filled with designer brand throw pillows that are just AMAZING! I just purchased two Nicole Miller fringe throw pillows from Homegoods for $20 bucks each and I absolutely LOVE THEM!